Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Candor

Candor: the quality of being open and honest in expression.

This is a character quality that we desire to strive for in our every day actions, with love. It does not mean weak, feeble minded, hyper verbal, or sharing an inappropriate amount of information or opinion.  To me, it is the ability to live honestly with love in words, expressions, and actions allowing ourselves to listen and act with the holy spirit. 

Journey: We all are on a journey aren't we?  As one of our teachers often mentions: everyone has a battle they are fighting. It isn't our job to know the "in and outs" of the battle within everyone else's journey, but to recognize that we are all have a story, and what is the role of our journey when it encounters another journey. Journey is one of my favorite words, it is everyday, it is exciting, it is ongoing and God can use our journeys in simple and yet unimaginable ways. A journey is ongoing, and I am reminded of that when the end of a good movie comes, and I think... "shoot, I don't want it to end yet... when are they going to get married, where will they live..."  I have to remember, that my journey hasn't stopped; just those unreal journeys in the movie! 

As Sean and I leave in just 11 short days for the Republic of Congo we remind ourselves of how we hope to carry ourselves daily, here in a comfortable and well known setting and transfer that to a somewhat uncomfortable and unknown setting! That is why we chose to title our blog "Journey with Candor..." to remind us of the character qualities we strive to arm ourselves with daily.    
  

No comments: