decisions I'm making, but I keep trying to do what I feel is right for each patient and trying to read as much as I can. The language barrier is tough at times too. I think my french is coming along, but it's especially hard when the patients only speak lingala, or very little french when I'm struggling enough as it is to express myself (Candice has become my Lingala translator - she is catching on so quickly!). You realize how much of a diagnosis is based on history when you can't really get a history! The nurses are so valuable though. There have been definite frustrations, but I think they've figured out the speed at which they need to speak for me to understand and they're probably used to my poor pronunciation now :). They have seen many of these illnesses a lot more than I have though, so it's great to get their input and opinion. We have had some tough cases recently that I promise I will write more about soon! For now, we just wanted to say that we're doing well, and staying healthy! Thank you to everyone who's giving us words of encouragement. It's always wonderful to hear. Time to crawl under our mosquito net and get some sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment