Thursday, April 16, 2009

Don't want to Fade...

Yes we are still here, and I often go to the blog page wanting to post, but for some reason the past 2 weeks I haven't been able to "squeeze" much out of my heart onto the keyboard. It is really good to be home, but at the same time I really miss our new friends in Impfondo.

I keep wanting to remember, and wanting to hear the sounds, see the faces, feel the heat (crazy I know but it's true!) You know your childhood dog; after their life of love, slobber, fun, and cuddling they move on to be with their creator (I'm convinced that animals go to Heaven). And after a few months, you start to forget the way your dog smelled, the particulars of their face, they way their bark sounded, and you quit opening to door slowly where they used to ALWAYS lay. And then you feel a little sad that you can't remember those things as well...as clearly.... at least that has happened to me before. I have pictures up of Tobby, my childhood dog so I can remember him. I guess this is what I fear of our time in the Republic of Congo. I don't want to forget, I don't want it to fade, I want it to be fresh and clear, there is so much that I want to reflect on so I don't forget, so I don't let the opportunity to grow from the experience on a reflection level pass by. But I find it difficult to bring myself to sit, and do that. I know I will, and I think writing this out is a good step in that direction.

It is amazing to me how a "trip" doesn't stop when you come home. Our minds, spirits, hearts, and bodies are so interconnected. The more I learn, the more I experience, the more I like God. He is so creative, so inventive, so beyond me... I love it. Juvenile as that sounds, it's true.

So don't go away... we want to share more... we want to upload more pictures... keep checking... I promise I'll be back with more!

Tikay la malamu! May you stay well! Spring is on the way!

No comments: