Monday, February 9, 2009

Cool Breeze

Thank you for sending the COOL BREEZE our way!  On Saturday night the sky was teasing us with lightning and thunder... would rain come? After running over to the administration building with Suzy to turn off the Internet (it got hit by lightning last year and it took  about 4 months to fix) we had dinner at Ginny and Jean-Pierre's house on the other side of the compound.  

We enjoyed fresh baked bread from the outdoor stove, fried plantains, fresh spinach from their garden, and homemade pineapple jam, and cheese. We played quite the game of "wizard" and then Indian (2 new card games we have learned... very fun!)  We headed home, and hit the sack starting to feel a slight breeze coming through our mosquito net... would there be rain?

And the RAIN CAME pouring down around 4:00 am... it was fantastic... I love to sleep to thunderstorms... The cool air stayed all through Sunday allowing us to enjoy a nice walk around the grounds (we estimate it is at least a 1/2 mile to walk the perimeter), play some Uno, read up on some info on patients, and take a truck ride 3 miles to the Harvey's house for signing and pop corn... ALL WITHOUT BREAKING MUCH OF A SWEAT!  
Even though we expect it to be very hot every day... it was nice to have a day with a nice breeze, so thank you for sending it our way!

Fun Fact #4: I have observed on numerous occasions the art of nose picking at home: you know, someone who is sitting in the car behind you at the stoplight thinking "no one can see me," as they continue to dig for gold, and yet... you say... "ha ha... oh yes I can!"  Well, I have noticed here that nose picking is something to be shared with others, not in secrecy.  While on rounds some patients and family members of patent's have displayed their skills, and they are very thorough... I am sure you are all very glad I "picked" that to share with you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey you two: 3 times I have tried to leave a message here.....and finally...i THINK it might work this time. I had to create accounts, and become a blogger, (I am the rainbow...ha ha (can't find a picture), but you will know that I care A LOT about you, because I persisted and persevered without help from the younger generation.....and here I am (I HOPE). I wanted to say to you that I am so excited for you being over there and all the things that you are encountering....I know it's not all (sweat & games) easy, but God will SO USE YOU, and we will never know how much difference you will have made there, but He will use you as His Hands, and Feet and Heart and He uses everything....so have fun and treasure each moment....I am, as I walk with you.....praying each day. Love Carolyn Vel (I think I am probably not supposed to put my name here (stop laughing....)